Monday, April 6, 2009

The Internet: the refrigerator of the 21st century.

Every parent puts their kids' stuff on the refrigerator so that everyone can see it. Apparently, I'm not putting photos of Adam, our contractor's work on the Internet often enough for his Dad. Hi, Craig! This one's especially for you. :)

So much has happened lately! Siding is done, Ava's still making sure everyone stays in line, exterior details are beautiful, insulation has been put or sprayed in, the deck has been built, trenchs have been dug and filled, then more have been dug, the water tank is finally set up, along with a hydrant and the drywall is just hours away from being finished.

I have several projects of my own going on... in addition to the usual quilting/sewing/crocheting/etc. I'm working on replacing the pieces of colored glass in some old stained glass windows that I bought years ago. They'll be put into the buffet cabinet doors when I'm done. They came in broken wooden frames, and I popped them out of those by painstakingly chipping out the old putty. I broke one pane. :( Then, I desoldered the joints around the outer lead so the glass panes are exposed around the perimeter. The next step is removing more crusty putty and desoldering more joints to release the areas with color. Don't know when I'm going to get to that.

I am on "vacation" this week. Ha. I'm not at my regular job this week, I'm working on the house. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but I am soooo tired. It's very different from the usual sitting-on-my-butt-in-front-of-a-computer-for-8-hours tired. Last Wednesday, Saturday and today I worked on surrounding the post at the entry of the house with rocks from the creek. Today I got to work on it without having a squirmy 22+ lb. baby on my back. That was nice. In the pics, make sure to check out the beautiful work Dustin did, carefully scribing around the contour of the rocks and fitting the deck around them. So pretty. This house is turning out so well thanks to Adam, Dustin and Aaron; it makes me want to cry. But that's not my style, so I won't.

Speaking of the squirmy baby; she'll be ONE YEAR OLD on Sunday!!! Amazing! It's really flown by. I need sleep, so I'll post the pics and be off to bed. Good night!
















2 comments:

Deirdre said...

Loooook at that deck!! Loook at that baby!!! Loook at that big trench and loook at those beautiful stones!!! So fun - can't wait to take a tour on Saturday. And I won't tell DFG you're taking rocks out of the creek.

Kerri Rae said...

Looks awesome lady! You have no idea how excited I am to see it next time I'm home (not sure when that'll be, as of now it's looking like December).

I also cannot believe that little Ava is a year old already! Geez how time flys by when I'm up here. I think this means I may need to move closer so I don't miss as much!