Monday, April 13, 2009

Ava is ONE YEAR OLD!

This year has passed by so quickly! I imagine it goes just as fast for first-time parents who don't have a million and one other things going on, but it seemed like Ava and everything else kept us so busy that we didn't realize how fast it actually was speeding by. (I also imagine I'll say something like this every year around Ava's birthday... OMG, she's 14! Where does the time go?!)


This is her latest funny face. She squishes it up like a pirate and squirms from left to right. It's hilarious. She also eats anything, but especially wants what's on our plates. She's got Grandpa's mashed potatoes here.


Here's the three of us after she finished her first cake and ice cream. She loved the chocolate cupcake and vanilla ice cream. We're going to have to make sure we eat our dessert after she goes to bed from now on...


A tree on Art & Ann's property died recently, so they thought it would be nice to replace it with a tree for Ava. We (Art, Ann, Barb, Bob, Ava & I) planted this morning in our backyard by the other apple trees. I really hope it survives. I had kept the placenta from Ava's birth until now, and we put it in the hole just before putting the tree in. I hope it nourishes the tree as well as it nourished our girl.

No comments: