Sunday, April 26, 2009

trim and paint.

Okay. Seriously. You may have thought that our house already looked good. But it's going to look ridiculously good, because finishing work is where these guys excel. I mean blow the competition away. These window and door trims are so gorgeous that I want to spend time with them. Eat from them. Use them as pillows. Okay, I exaggerate a little, but they are SOOOOO beautiful. And, they're not really even done yet.

The window trim is a little different from the door trim, but it's all out of the same wood, so it coordinates without being matchy-matchy. The window trim is kind of Adam's "signature trim" and I came up with the door trim after seeing one of Adam's idea sketches and changing it a bit.

The scaffolding was still up in our master bedroom, so I climbed up there to take this photo.

And here are the paint colors. Yes, paint colors! I was finally able to move past primer white and ceilings in cream. The orange (guest) room is done, but the bathroom and Ava's room still need another coat each.

This is Ava's room. It's a really cute, bright, girly blue. It doesn't look it here, but the ceiling is cream colored.

This is the other back bedroom. Kind of a pumpkin color... Andy doesn't really like it, but once the whole room comes together, he'll come around. Plus, how much time is he really going to be spending in the guest bedroom?

This is the main bathroom color. It's very similar to Ava's room color, but lighter with a touch more green-gray.

3 comments:

Kerri Rae said...

Everything looks AWESOME and Ava is getting SOOOO big!!!

I cannot wait to see her in AUGUST! Mark that in your calendar, I will be there August 1-13 (with the exception of 6-10 when I will be traveling to Monterey). Will you be around because I MUST see you, this new house of yours and the most adorable 1 year old in the WORLD - AVA!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Amazing: both Ava and your house! I remember when we looked at the blue prints 6 years ago. We can't wait to see you guys soon! Take care of that baby and by the way, pumpkin rocks!

Steve, Carrie, and Drew

Dronk said...

Unbelievable. I heard Dustin does trim all slow-mo, Matrix-style.