Thursday, March 13, 2008

chiropractic adjustment = temporary miracle


So, I've seen the chiropractor 3 times since March 4th's adventures in preterm labor. The first time was on Friday, the 7th. She massaged my feet to loosen up the muscles, yanked on my right leg and instantly, the sciatica on my left side and any left over back pain from the 4th were gone.

I had never been to a chiropractor before the 7th, so I had no idea what to expect. Even though I haven't been icing my back or getting foot massages (ahem, Andy) like she suggested, I feel much better moving around during the day. However, I can kind of feel the adjustment begin to wear off after a few days of not seeing her. That's probably due to the fact that Cleo's gaining a pound a week at this point. I am looking forward to tackling labor with a newly-adjusted body. Any extra pain on top of labor doesn't sound like fun.

I'm supposed go off the niphedipine (labor-stopping drug) tomorrow. I'll know for sure after my meeting with the midwife. The niphedipine has not slowed Cleo down one bit... she's still bouncing around like crazy and seems to enjoy having the hiccups, which is annoying (but reassuring) for me. I can't wait to see what this big girl looks like!

No comments: