Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yay Spring!

We have just had the two nicest days ever, weather-wise. Adam said it was beyond gorgeous all day out in Blue Lake today. He said they were even seeking out shady spots to work in, it was so warm. Well, I was in Arcata all day, where it was nice for Arcata. (Which means sunny, but not really all that warm.) He's right, it's going to be nice to live a little bit inland.

Andy spotted this field with lambies in it yesterday and I had to go check them out. I had to do my "baby animal squeal" on the inside since Ava was asleep in the back seat.

Here's the house as of this morning... They're siding like crazy and it looks SOOOO good! We still haven't decided what colors to paint it. Good thing we have all summer to do that.

A wider shot gives a better feel for the Craftsman feel of the house. Seeing shingles on there instead of Tyvek house wrap makes a big difference!

I made plans to take some time off work so I can do some of the plastering, painting and tile work myself. (That'll be April 4-10 for anyone who wants to help. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.)

3 comments:

Deirdre said...

Oh fun! Maybe I'll stop by after work :)

Heidi said...

Beautiful, Lynn! It's coming along so quickly. Great job!

Elizabeth said...

It looks fantastic! I am so happy for you guys. It looks like if we come back up there in the fall we'll actually be visiting you in your own house.