Sunday, March 15, 2009

Other than exterior colors...

... the house is progressing quite nicely. Every time we see Adam, we have the tendency to talk his ear off about the house. It's easy to; there are just so many decisions that need to be made. Even though I thought that I had finalized everything, more things pop up everyday. Here are some of the latest things that needed our input:

Here's the house as of March 12, 2009.

Here's a closeup shot of the corbels we settled on. (I LOVE THEM!) Adam and crew put up a typical bracket, and decided they didn't look quite right, so they suggested just horizontal posts without the diagonal and Adam gave us a few houses in Eureka to look at for examples. As we drove around town to look at the ones he had mentioned, I wasn't totally sold. However, when I saw the ones they made for our house the next morning, I was blown away. These are so much nicer than any of the ones we saw in Eureka. (I don't know if Adam, Dustin or Aaron came up with the design for ours, so I'll give credit to all of them until I find out.)

They started putting up the HardiePlank siding material, and actually finished the north wall complete with corbels on Friday. I haven't been out to see it yet, but I'll make sure I get out there tomorrow morning.

My girlfriends and I have formed a quilting group... The guys are pretty good at patchwork, maybe they should join! (This is a very thin plywood covering and protecting our floors from falling tools, plaster, paint, etc.)

Ava needs our input constantly! This picture was taken on her 11-month birthday. It has all gone so fast! The plumbers are done with the rough-ins, the electricians are getting there, the county inspector (grumble, grumble) is expected soon, then the guys can put in insulation and the drywall contractor can come. Andy took a class on American Clay Plaster this weekend, so we're planning on doing that rather than having the drywaller plaster and then we'd paint over that. Anyway, that's another story for another post. We're going to be in this house before we know it!

2 comments:

Monica... That One Girl said...

It's looking like a house!!


Congrats, Lynn and Andy! (BTW- Ava is adorable as ever)

Anonymous said...

From the pictures, It looks like the house is coming together quite nicely. You guys must be getting very excited. How much longer until it's complete?

Good luck with everything!

TJ