Friday, April 11, 2008

my uterus laughs in the face of modern medicine!

Today's the due date. I know today isn't over yet, but I really doubt I'm going to have a baby within the next 4.5 hours. I can't wait to see if the widget says "-1 days to go" tomorrow.

I've been having contractions all day, but they're totally irregular and not getting any stronger. I'm trying to ignore them. I still have to poke my belly to really verify that I'm actually having a contraction. Anyway, Deanna says I can't have the baby until after 4 pm tomorrow because she's throwing a bridal shower tomorrow afternoon. I don't think she has anything to worry about.

It's now 7:30 pm, and Andy and I just finished dinner. We ate in the living room with the front door open--fresh air and the sunshine beaming in--it has been a gorgeous and rare day in Eureka. Varying weather reports say today's high was 68-72 degrees. Around 4:30 we took a hot tub at some friends' house, and it actually was too warm to be comfortable. Wednesday and Thursday were sunny days, but pretty windy. Today was just sunny, barely a breeze and perfect. It was the kind of day that makes you happy to live in Humboldt.

Tomorrow is the opening day of the Farmers' Market in Arcata. Our favorite local band is playing: Huckleberry Flint. Two members of the band, Adam Dick and Dustin Taylor, will be building our house sometime this summer, and Adam's wife is Deanna Dick, our doula for Cleo's birth. We are very blessed to know these folks and tomorrow should be another perfect day.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hang in there Lynn! She'll be here soon. Can't wait to meet her. . .

janessa said...

Just wanted to stop by and say "Hi"

Have you issued her eviction notice yet? ;)