Monday, June 22, 2009

I swore I was going to post tonight if it killed me...

...and it just might. It's been WAY too long since my last post, especially considering everything that's been happening at the house! Maybe that's why I haven't posted, I can't keep up, and we've been incredibly busy. There are SO many pictures to post, I just can't do it. Perhaps I'll get a bigger account on flickr and dump all of the house pictures there.

Everything is nearly done, final inspection is on Wednesday and WE'RE MOVING IN ON SATURDAY!!! There's one little problem... the water filter guy still hasn't installed the filter. So, we have water running through the house, but it's straight out of the well, and not good for drinking or washing things. We've been calling him everyday for the past few weeks, and nobody can get a hold of him. Ridiculous. I will be calling him once every hour until he calls me back starting at 8 a.m. tomorrow. We'll see what kind of response I get.

Mike, Sara and Sasha came over to help us pack tonight. What a huge help! We were so unmotivated, but having someone else around who can just put things in boxes (without emotional attachment to every little thing) was great. Sasha and Ava ran around like wild animals and now Ava is sleeping soundly. No problems getting that one to bed tonight!

I wonder how much of an adjustment it's going to be, living in Blue Lake. We won't be spending so much time driving, the weather will be better, these are obvious differences... but what about all the little things? Here are some reasons I'm going to miss our little house in Eureka:

Established roses in the front yard.
Being close to friends.
Being close to shopping, police, fire and hospitals.
The vintage charm of our house.
The small, yet still unmanageable, yard.

And some reasons I'm not going to miss our little house in Eureka:
It has very little insulation and is drafty.
There's not that much storage and we have too much stuff.
The layout of the rooms with the bathroom as the "hallway" between the two bedrooms. (Helpful when walking a newborn to sleep, otherwise annoying.)
Neighbors with loud Harleys and diesel trucks.
No off-street parking.
Noisy appliances right next to our bedroom.
The small, yet still unmanageable, yard.

Oh man. We're moving in on Saturday. I should probably get some sleep and try to relax, considering the migraine that showed up during the last moving session.

2 comments:

Kerri Rae said...

I am SOOO EXCITED for you guys!!!

I think that in all you will LOVE you new house and not really miss dreadful Eureka! You will just be shopping at Costco more so that you don't have to go into town as often and hopefully you (which I am sure you will) have a bit enough pantry to hold all the food stuffs! Oh man I am super pumped sto see your new house... you have no idea! I still remember the day we were sitting out in the car in Arcata by the baseball field looking at your preliminary drawings on your computer MANY years ago, I think even before you two were married???

Anyways, keep smiling and enjoying your potential new adventures in your amazing new house!

See you soon...

janessa said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats, congrats, CONGRATS!!!!

It's been a long time coming, but it will be worth every bump in the road getting there!

So, so excited for you!