Monday, May 18, 2009

A nice day.

It was a gorgeous day in Blue Lake, too bad we were at work in foggy Arcata. Here's Andy and Ava when we were there to pick her up from Grandma & Grandpa's. (Looks like the back yard could use a little landscaping help.)


This is the bar countertop. The buffet and long wall in the kitchen will have similar tops. Adam and Dustin made them from colored concrete. They placed torn paper into the molds before pouring the concrete to give it that ragged effect running down the length of the top. Unfortunately, the paper bubbled and swelled more than they expected, and it left the surface pretty lumpy. Adam says he has a way to fix it.


I haven't posted an exterior pic for awhile now because all the work has been happening on the inside, and there have been few, if any, changes to the outside. Over the last week, though, Art primed and now has begun to paint the outside of the house. I'm excited, I think it's going to look really good.


I think the garage door may be installed tomorrow and I'm planning on moving my print shop in over the last weekend in May. Exciting!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I think overgrown backyards are in fashion this season...